How To Find Your Plot: A Storytelling Seminar - June 3rd @ 3PM
by Writing Workshops Org Admin
2 years ago
Don't miss JR. Forasteros' How to Find Your Plot: A Storytelling Seminar on June 3rd! It is going to be a great afternoon on story craft, finding the right ending, and getting there believably! Won't you join us!
JR. Forasteros, author of Empathy for the Devil, will guide you through the twists and turns of writing a story that keeps your readers turning pages till they reach that killer ending. How do you decide what story to tell? What are the rules of the various kinds of stories, and when do you break them? We'll help you learn to structure your story for maximum impact, no matter how many zigs and zags it takes. JR. will help you craft the perfect plot to make your story shine. Topics will include:
- The various kinds of plots from the monomyth to the unstory
- How to create peril that's compelling and convincing
- How to control pacing in a story
- The importance of saving that cat (nearly) every time
- Finding the right ending… and getting there believably
Instructor JR. Forasteros is the author of Empathy for the Devil. He also blogs for NorvilleRogers.com and is a prolific podcaster. He leads an Awaken Creativity Writers' Group for Art House Dallas, and his writings have appeared in several essay collections, Grace and Peace magazine and Relevant magazine. JR. is also a pastor, training a team of volunteer preachers in writing for public speaking.
Fee: $60 or $45 for former/current students | Live Stream Available!
- JR. Forasteros, Presenter
- Sunday, June 3, 2018 - 3:00PM to 6:00PM
- Seminar meets at The Foundry Club at Mockingbird Station: 5307 E. Mockingbird Ln / Dallas, TX / 75206
- Live Stream is available for students who live outside of Dallas. Just let us know when you register.
Click the button below to register for the seminar.
Click here to register