What is the application deadline?
Applications for the Summer 2022 Workshops will open in December 2021 and will be open through February 10th, 2022!
What will my application include?
- Brief bio informing us of your involvement in the writing and literary community, as well as any prior or forthcoming publications. (250 words max)
- Purpose statement explaining why you would like to participate in Writing Workshops Paris. You can also discuss current manuscripts or writing projects that you might choose to workshop. (500 words max.)
- Writing sample excerpt in fiction, nonfiction, or poetry. This does not have to be published work, though that is acceptable, nor does it have to be a piece you plan to workshop. Complete works under the word count are not required; excerpts are acceptable. (Fiction/nonfiction: 2500 words max. Poetry: 2-3 poems of no more than 5 pages max.).
- Applications open in December 2021.
When will I know if I've been accepted to the workshop?
We cap our workshop participation at 9 writers in each genre cohort (fiction, nonfiction, & poetry) for the week. Our goal is to provide an intimate, rigorous workshop environment so that participants can come to Paris and find meaningful connections and excellent feedback on their work. We will accept applicants on a rolling basis until each cohort is full and then begin waitlists. Due to the volume of applications and competitive acceptance, writers are encouraged to apply early. We employ a reading committee of professional writers and editors, and applicants will be notified after the application window closes.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is $3,250.00.
What does tuition include?
- Lodging at Hotel Belloy for 6 days, 5 nights
- A welcome cocktail party with faculty
- Daily included breakfast
- 4-day writing workshops in small groups of no more than 9, led by program faculty
- Critical feedback on two writing submissions
- Daily craft of writing and/or business of writing seminars
- One-on-one conference with faculty
- A literary walking tour of Paris and other informal evening activities.
- One-year complimentary subscription to Carve
What is tuition payment schedule?
If your application is accepted, you will have 7 days to submit a $500 nonrefundable deposit that goes toward your tuition fee of $3250. The remaining balance is due by April 1, 2022. There are no refunds of tuition after April 1, 2022, and applications accepted after this date require the full tuition immediately.
Where is the hotel and workshop venue?
Immerse yourself in both comfort and inspiration for 6 days, 5 nights at the Hotel Belloy. The 4-star hotel sits in the heart of literary Paris, near booksellers and publishing houses, and is a short walk from the Jardin du Luxembourg. Daily breakfast and free Wi-Fi included.
How late can I apply?
We will accept applications through February 10th, 2022.
What will you do with my email?
We respect your privacy. We will only use your email to send you information about Writing Workshops Paris. We won't sell or rent your email to other organizations. You will not be added to Carve Magazine or Writing Workshops Dallas email lists.
I have a question not answered here.
Please contact us and we’ll reply promptly.