4-Week Online Perfect Pairings: Build Compelling Characters Workshop, Starts January 11, 2021
Class Starts January 11th, 2021
ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: JANUARY 4TH
Perfect Pairings: How to build characters who capture the hearts of your readers, your editors, and each other.
What makes a book a “keeper”? Plot is key, writing is vital, but it’s the characters who really let a reader fall in love with your story. Multi-published author Allie Pleiter shares how to build characters that engage and enthrall your readers. Learn how to cast your story with personalities that spark and sizzle as they interact. The right combination of primary and secondary characters can turn your good story into a great book destined to catch the eye of editors, agents, and fans.
This online class covers:
- Powerful ways to wield the attraction of opposites
- Irritation, endearment, and other inter-character emotions
- The magic of a great argument
- Raising interpersonal stakes
- Charming moments between characters
- Mistakes of emotion and other valuable blunders
An Ideal Workshop for Writers Who:
- Are at any stage in their writing.
- Are motivated to make their stories stronger.
- Are open to growth in the craft of writing.
- Desire sustained time to explore, express, and connect with their story on a deeper level.
- Writing tools and practices to carry you forward in your work.
- A greater understanding of your characters and their relation to one another.
- Narrative clarity as it relates to your characters.
- A deeper understanding of your story and its stakes.
Instructor: Allie Pleiter
Class size limited to 10 writers
Class Starts January 11th, 2021
Course is fully ONLINE; students can work according to their own schedule within weekly deadlines. Once you have enrolled the instructor will send you a link to our online classroom, provided via Wet Ink.
Award-winning bestselling author Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction working on as many as four books at a time. She teaches creative people how to be consistently, dependably productive while teaching high-performing professionals how to create the vital content today’s marketing requires. The author of over 40 published titles, Allie has spent a decade in the publishing profession with over 1.4 million books sold worldwide. In addition to her own writing career, Allie maintains an active writing productivity coaching practice and speaks regularly on faith, the creative process, women’s issues, and her very favorite topic—The Chunky Method of time management..
“Implementing the Chunky Method has charged my writing with confidence, quadrupled my productivity, organized my days, and enhanced my enjoyment of life. Allie is my hero!” — Linda H.
"I was overwhelmed, but now I feel fantastic” — Michelle S.
"Before The Chunky Method, I spent years worrying about how I was ever going to finish my novel, let alone a series of stories, with a busy schedule and a demanding day job. I feel far more confident now, and the method works - it's my custom method, after all. I've already written far more than before the Chunky Method." — M.V.
"I feel empowered. I feel much more in control of the process now. I feel good that I have a plan and schedule that work with me. I feel like I am going to achieve success, and in a timely manner instead of a scattered one. Thank you again for some of the most valuable, and applicable information I've received in over fourteen years of conferences and online classes." - Becki