8-Week Online Course - How to Get High-Paying Writing Clients & Build a Profitable Freelance Business, starts October 19, 2020
Begins Monday, October 19, 2020
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Mondays at 1PM EST.
Why do some freelance writers thrive while others get stuck on the feast-or-famine rollercoaster? How can one writer charge $100 for a blog post and another charge $1000?
Incremental gains in writing style, clarity, or quality only get you so far. If you want to get serious about raising your rates and attracting high-paying clients, you must dig into your positioning, packaging, pricing, and pipeline. The 4 P’s are what this 8-week course covers.
- Get clarity around what makes you special, what you’re best at, and what type of writing work you should pursue.
- Pick two niches that make sense based on your strengths, interests, and past experience.
- Learn what your dream clients really want and how they want you to sell to them.
- Develop strong, unique positioning with the “Playing for KEAPPS” framework.
- Craft effective messaging that makes clients feel like you can read their minds.
- Create three core offers based on the outcomes your dream clients want and the work you most enjoy.
- Price your offers so that profit is built in.
Raise your rates without losing your current clients and set new prices so that you won’t attract cheap, unfair clients.
- Learn the marketing and outreach strategies that are working right now.
- Create a one-page marketing plan that allows you to play to your strengths and preferences.
- Begin implementing your plan and building a pipeline of project leads.
- Set up a free lead tracking system to help you stay organized and consistent with follow-up.
- Begin developing the habits and mindset you need to make freelancing more profitable and satisfying.
Put more project leads in your pipeline.
Instructor: Austin L. Church
Class size limited to 15 writers
October 19, 2020 to December 11, 2020
Format: Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Mondays from 1PM - 2PM EST.
- Other Costs: None. The instructor will provide links to assigned reading material, so you won't need to buy anything for this course.
Contact us HERE if you have any questions about this class.
Instructor Austin L. Church is a writer and brand consultant, living in Knoxville, Tennessee with his wife Megan and their three kids. Austin earned his M.A. in Literature with a focus in Creative Writing from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and he has won various awards for his poetry, including a Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prize. Austin now runs a branding and marketing studio called Balernum, and when he’s not helping online creators and entrepreneurs build real brands, he teaches freelancers a proven framework for making more money and enjoying more freedom at the same time. You can learn more about Austin at AustinLChurch.com or on LinkedIn.
“I now have writing clients in cities across the nation. My income tripled over the last month. You gave me everything I needed to get started. Thank you!” – Amy N.
“Austin’s advice has helped me as a freelancer in more ways than I can count. Since putting practical tips to work, I’ve broken up with troublesome clients, explored new fields, tripled in confidence, and nearly doubled my rates.” – Elissa W.
“By sending one of your emails to an old client, I've gotten more work from them. They've just agreed to a monthly retainer package. Hurray! I've more than made back the cost of the course by sending a single email.” – Lauren T.
“Working with Austin was key for me and my work. He is an incisive thinker - together, we were able to rework my products and pricing which was instrumental to the growth of my business. By shifting to productized services, I was able to generate $60,000 in new business in five weeks, effectively doubling my rate. That's a big win in my book.” – Robert C.
“I made at least $20,000 more after taking your advice and raising my rates. Thanks again.” – Stuart J.