Let's Make A Murder Mystery! 6-Week Zoom Class, Starts Wednesday, May 24th, 2023
Begins Wednesday, May 24th, 2023
Class will meet weekly on Wednesday nights via Zoom, 6PM - 8PM EST
Open to All writers!
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Taught by Evan Fleischer, a writer, editor, and teacher. He has written for The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Guardian, and numerous other publications. He has a MFA from Emerson College.
Somewhere in-between the works of George Orwell, Raymond Chandler, Sherlock Holmes, and contemporary writings on police abolition is a terrific murder mystery story.
Let's Make A Murder Mystery! is a six-week writing workshop that invites those of any experience level to come build a collective murder mystery that engages in dialogue with these points of reference while submitting their own work to be workshopped as well.
- The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
- “The Red-Headed League” by A. Conan Doyle
- When Police Kill by Franklin Zimring
- A World Without Police by Geo Maher
- We Own This City (television) by David Simon, Justin Fenton, et. al.
In addition to engaging with their peers' work, writers will have the chance to look at the intersection between fiction and a materialist power analysis.
TAKE THIS CLASS IF:
- You're finding the constraints of your current writing practice too limiting.
- You want exposure to a range of new approaches to bring to your writing practice.
- You want an expanded sense of what is possible in your work in 2023 and beyond!
ONLINE COURSE STRUCTURE:
This class meets weekly via Zoom. Come prepared for a super fun class with live interaction on Zoom each week and plenty of writing, reading, and talking!
Instructor: Evan Fleischer
Class size limited to 6 writers
Class Starts May 24th, 2023
Course is fully ONLINE.
Instructor Evan Fleischer is a writer, editor, and recent MFA graduate. He has written for The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Guardian, The New Republic, Slate, The Washington Post, Vice, and numerous other publications.