Announcing Writing Workshops Dublin in April 2024 - Applications are Now Open!
by Writing Workshops Staff
2 months ago
We are thrilled to announce applications are open for our annual workshop in Ireland, a week that promises to be a highlight for writers around the world. This April 2024, Writing Workshops Dublin is set to bring a transformative experience to those passionate about fiction and nonfiction writing. Join us in the heart of literary Dublin for an intensive week packed with workshops, seminars, and personal guidance from esteemed authors and instructors.
Exceptional Faculty Line-Up
Our workshop boasts a stellar lineup of instructors, each a renowned name in the literary world:
- Amber Sparks is the author of an upcoming novel, Happy People Don’t Live Here, an upcoming short story collection, Did Parents In the Middle Ages Love Their Children? (both from Liveright/W.W. Norton), and four collections of short fiction, including And I Do Not Forgive You: Revenges and other Stories and The Unfinished World. Her fiction and essays have appeared in American Short Fiction, the Paris Review, Slate, Tin House, Granta, The Cut and elsewhere. She lives in Washington, DC, with her husband, daughter, and two cats.
- Ethan Joella is the author of A Little Hope, which was a Read with Jenna Bonus Selection on the TODAY show, A Quiet Life, and The Same Bright Stars (all from Scribner books). He lives in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, with his wife and two daughters and teaches English and psychology at the University of Delaware.
- Elissa Bassist is the editor of the “Funny Women” column on The Rumpus and the author of the memoir Hysterical (Hachette Books). As a founding contributor to The Rumpus, she’s written cultural and personal criticism since the website launched in 2009, and her writing has appeared in The New York Times, Marie Claire, Creative Nonfiction, NewYorker.com, LATimes.com, GMA.com, The Cut, and more, including the bestselling anthology Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture,edited by Roxane Gay.
Intimate and Immersive Workshops
We believe in nurturing individual talent in a community setting. Each workshop will host no more than 10 participants, ensuring personalized attention and an intimate learning environment. Participants will submit two pieces of writing: one for group workshops and another for a one-on-one meeting with their instructor. This format is designed to provide comprehensive feedback and foster deep discussions about writing techniques, styles, and storytelling.
Daily Craft Talks
Our program includes daily craft talks open to all participants. These sessions, led by our program staff and faculty, will cover various aspects of writing and publishing, offering valuable insights into both the craft and the business of writing.
Stay at the exquisite Iveagh Garden Hotel, an epitome of comfort and inspiration. This 4-star hotel, known for its sustainable practices, offers a serene environment just steps away from Dublin's vibrant cultural scene. Enjoy your private room and daily breakfast, included in your workshop tuition.
Inclusions and Opportunities
Your journey with us includes:
- 6 days and 5 nights at Iveagh Garden Hotel
- Daily breakfast
- 4-day writing workshops in small, focused groups
- In-depth critiques on two writing submissions
- Engaging seminars on writing and publishing
- One-on-one sessions with our esteemed faculty
- Optional cultural and social activities
- An unforgettable experience in literary Dublin
At Writing Workshops Dublin, we are committed to bringing your writing out of the wilderness and into a thriving community. We value the craft of writing and are dedicated to helping our students create work that resonates and finds its audience.
Join Us for a Transformative Experience
This is more than just a workshop; it's a journey into the heart of writing, a chance to strengthen your voice, enhance your craft, and connect with fellow writers and mentors in a city renowned for its literary heritage.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of Writing Workshops Dublin 2024. Let's write, learn, and grow together in the enchanting city of Dublin!
For more information and to register, visit the Writing Workshops Dublin 2024 program webpage. Space is limited, so apply today!