Reaching Your Audience: Book Publicity and Marketing for Writers and Publishers 4-Week Zoom Workshop, Starts April 5th, 2023
Begins Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
Class will meet weekly via Zoom (Wednesdays, 7:00PM EST - 8:15PM EST).
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Once students understand the larger publishing landscape, Cassie will focus on all things book publicity:
- When writers should start publicizing
- What a publicity timeline should look like
- Potential costs associated with publicity (awards, industry reviews, early reviewers)
- Finding and reaching your audience
- What information to provide your literary agent and publicity team
- Asking for blurbs
- Social media tips from branding to posting to design
And of course, Cassie will help writers build a concrete guide on how to publicize their own work, or how they can help in the process of working with a publicity team, literary agent, or publicist.Writers will walk away from this course with detailed marketing tools, concrete timelines, resources for publicity strategy, and a view inside the current publishing landscape.
- A concrete timeline of the literary PR cycle
- A girth of resources for finding bloggers, reviewers, media outlets for book promotion, social media planning, management, and design tips using the free version of Canva
- A list of what to provide a publicity team or publicist
- A list of questions for a publicity team, literary agent, or publicist
- Invaluable marketing tools to create reach and promotion
This class meets weekly via Zoom. Come prepared for a super fun class with live interaction on Zoom each week and plenty of expert instruction!
Instructor: Cassie Mannes Murray
Class Starts April 5th, 2023
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Wednesdays from 7:00PM - 8:15PM EST.
Instructor Cassie Mannes Murray is a literary agent at Howland Literary and director at Pine State Publicity, as well as literary publicist at Mind Buck Media. Before she weaseled her way into publishing, she produced a robust blog called Books & Bowel Movements, and taught public school. For writing, she has an MFA in creative nonfiction, has received a notable in Best American Essays 2020, and a Pushcart Prize nom. Her work has been featured in The Rumpus, Story Quarterly, Passages North, Hobart, Joyland, Slice Magazine, and Fugue. She’s married to a non-writing gamer, and they live with the fireflies in North Carolina where their dog chases street chickens