Saturday, July 9th, 2022
Live Seminar Via Zoom 10:00AM PST – 12:00PM PST
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.Taught by Frances Badalamenti, author of I Don’t Blame You and Salad Days, this class will take a deep dive into the unique genre of autofiction or autobiographical fiction. Frances has taught Creative Writing with Catapult and also works as a mentor for writers.
This dynamic seminar will provide insight into the many nuances of autofiction. Frances will provide novel excerpts and craft essays to read ahead of time, which we will discuss as a group. As well, there will be time for writing exercises and the opportunity to share your work (optional). You can be a writer at any level or a curious reader, no prerequisites, as this class is open to anyone who is curious about autofiction.
TAKE THIS CLASS IF:
- You’re curious to learn more about autofiction as a genre
- You’re looking for inspiration and/or to possibly begin writing in this genre
- You’d like to engage in a lively discussion about contemporary autofiction writers such as Sheila Heti, Karl Ove Knausgaard, Chris Kraus, Ben Lerner, Brandon Taylor, Edouard Louis and more
YOU'LL TAKE HOME:
- A broad understanding of what autofiction really means
- Inspiration and knowledge that you can apply to your writing and/or reading practices
- An expanded list of autofiction titles for further reading and study
ONLINE COURSE STRUCTURE:
This class will meet via Zoom on July 9th, 2022 from 10:00AM PST – 12:00PM PST
Frances Badalamenti | Live via Zoom
July 9th, 2022 | 10:00AM PST – 12:00PM PST
Seminar is fully ONLINE and meets via Zoom
Instructor Frances Badalamenti is the author of the novels, I Don't Blame You (2019) and Salad Days (2021). Some of her shorter work can be found at The Believer Magazine, BOMB Magazine, Longreads, Vol.1 Brooklyn and elsewhere. She teaches writing workshops and also works individually as a mentor for writers. Frances lives in Portland, Oregon, with her husband and son.