Start Your Own Substack 4-Week Zoom Workshop, Starts Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
Begins Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
Class will meet weekly via Zoom (Wednesdays, 6:00PM EST - 8:00PM EST).
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Start your own Substack-- immerse yourself in a thriving community of writers and sending your reader newsletters straight to their inboxes. Learning a new publishing platform can feel daunting, but Substack strives to help their writers succeed. Join a movement, and follow through on that newsletter idea that you've been chewing on for months.
During the four week course, we will break down the tasks required to start your own newsletter, setting you up to write and publish your own newsletter on a publishing schedule that feels right to you. You will learn the in's and out's of the platform-- how to navigate and utilize it to your benefit-- while discovering where your newsletter will land in the publishing landscape.
Guest writers will come and discuss their experience on Substack, like Tatiana Gallardo of Brazenface, among others.
So what are you waiting for? Get the tools you need to start and run your own successful Substack. From finding your niche to figuring out formatting and publishing schedules, learn the in's and out's to the newsletter platform geared towards writers.
- Week 1: Discover your niche (research what exists and see where you would land in the Substack Landscape)
- Week 2. Draft your bio, brainstorm title, and graphics (icon)
- Week 3: Draft first post and discuss publishing schedules and formatting
- Week 4: Gear up to publish. Growth through community and promotion
- Learn how to use Substack as a platform-- Writer's Dashboard, Inboxes, and more
- Discover your niche. If other writers are writing on your topic, subscribe and comment. Make your competitors your friends and future collaborators. Guest posts gain follows
- Understand what your reader expects-- format and publishing schedule
- Learn tips learned at the Substack Grow program-- if your newsletter gained 500 subscribers in its infancy, you are invited. The instructor has the resources from that program, and is eager to share it with students in this course.
- Paid vs. free-- Should your Substack make you money? Learn what would work best for you and your newsletter
- Community: Growth and Promotion through making friends on Substack and beyond
This class meets weekly via Zoom. Come prepared for a super fun class with live interaction on Zoom each week and plenty of writing, reading, and talking!
Instructor: Paulina Pinsky
Class size limited to 12 writers
The workshop starts Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Wednesdays from 6:00PM - 8:00PM EST.