Writing About Your Ex 3-Week Zoom Seminar, Starts Sunday, March 3rd, 2024
Begins Sunday, March 3rd, 2024
Class will meet weekly via Zoom on Sundays, 10:00AM PST - 12:00PM PST.
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Taught by Elizabeth Teets, a Los Angeles-based writer, comedian, and fashionista. Her work has appeared in Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Repeller, Catapult, Reductress, and more.
Learn more about Elizabeth in our Meet the Teaching Artist series.
Looking to bring out your inner Taylor Swift or Carly Rae Jepsen? Some of our most powerful and consuming emotions revolve around “someone that you used to know” or can’t get out of your head. Romantic and platonic love affairs create formative experiences, but writers often feel like they need to hold back when talking about them.
This three-week course teaches writers to break through their fear and take charge of their past experiences. Be it the terror of heartbreak or the horror of having to leave someone at the altar, this class will help you take your inner crazy ex out of the box and your writing from diary entry to a compelling piece of literature that will feel sweeter than revenge.
- Writing prompts that help you break through emotional or mental blocks.
- A fun community of fellow heartbreakers.
- In-class discussion about the best shape and angle for your story.
- Two chances to have your work critiqued by the group and Elizabeth.
- Ideas of where to pitch and submit your work.
Class meetings will be held over video chat, using Zoom accessed from our private class page.
- A generative list of story ideas and publications to submit to
- A formula for crafting a great ex-focused pitch (personal essay, reported, or first-person reported)
- An understanding of relationship writing ethics
- The confidence to unapologetically write about your ex, in *your* own way
Instructor: Elizabeth Teets
Class Starts Sunday, March 3rd, 2024
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Sundays from 10:00AM PST - 12:00PM PST.
Contact us HERE if you have any questions about this class.
Instructor Elizabeth Teets is a Los Angeles based writer, comedian and fashionista. Her work has appeared in Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Repeller, Catapult, Reductress, and more. She works hard everyday with the intention to make Elle Woods and Bette Midler proud.