Begins Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022
Class will meet weekly via Zoom on Wednesdays, 6:00PM PST - 8:00PM PST.
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Taught by Elizabeth Teets is a Los Angeles based writer, comedian and fashionista. Her work has appeared in Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Repeller, Catapult, Reductress, and more.
In this three week course, writers will learn to break through their fear and take charge of their past experiences. Be it the terror of heartbreak or the horror of having to leave someone at the alter, this class will help you take your inner crazy ex out of the box and your writing from diary entry to a compelling piece of literature that will feel sweeter than revenge.
- Writing prompts that help you break through emotional or mental blocks.
- A fun community of fellow heartbreakers.
- In-class discussion about the best shape and angle for your story.
- Two chances to have your work critiqued by the group and Elizabeth.
- Ideas of where to pitch and submit your work.
Class meetings will be held over video chat, using Zoom accessed from our private class page.
- A generative list of story ideas and publications to submit to
- A formula for crafting a great ex-focused pitch (personal essay, reported, or first-person reported)
- An understanding of relationship writing ethics
- The confidence to unapologetically write about your ex, in *your* own way
Instructor: Elizabeth Teets
Class Starts March 2nd, 2022
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Wednesdays from 6:00PM PST - 8:00PM PST.
Contact us HERE if you have any questions about this class.
Instructor Elizabeth Teets is a Los Angeles based writer, comedian and fashionista. Her work has appeared in Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Repeller, Catapult, Reductress, and more. She works hard everyday with the intention to make Elle Woods and Bette Midler proud.