Class Starts Wednesday, September 7th, 2022
Class will meet weekly via Zoom (Wednesdays, 7:00PM EST - 9:00PM EST).
Any questions about this class? Use the Chat Button (lower left) to talk with us.
Led by David Byron Queen, whose work has appeared in VICE, Split Lip Magazine, Vol. 1 Brooklyn, Hobart, McSweeney's, and elsewhere. David has an MFA from the University of Montana, where he was a Truman Capote Fellow. He lives in New York and runs the indie publishing company word west.
In this generative 6-week workshop, you will:
- Take away written feedback on your stories.
- Have a stronger understanding of noir.
- Develop and practice writing techniques pulled from the noir genre.
- Have stronger confidence in your writing and analyzing the writing of your peers.
- Stronger sense of noir storytelling.
- Stronger sense of reading and analyzing how stories work.
- Stronger sense of giving helpful feedback to peers/writers.
- And a clearer sense of the type of fiction you want to write.
- The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
- In a Lonely Place by Dorothy Hughes
- Black Wings Has My Angel by Elliott Chaze
- City of Glass by Paul Auster
- Queenpin by Megan Abbott
- Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Cosby
This class meets weekly via Zoom. Come prepared for a super fun class with live interaction on Zoom each week and plenty of writing, reading, and talking!
Instructor: David Byron Queen
Class Starts Thursday, September 7th, 2022
Course is fully ONLINE and will meet weekly via Zoom on Wednesdays from 7:00PM EST - 9:00PM EST.
Instructor David Byron Queen was raised in Ohio. He has an MFA from the University of Montana, where he was a Truman Capote Fellow. His work has appeared in VICE, Split Lip Magazine, Vol. 1 Brooklyn, Hobart, McSweeney's, and elsewhere. In 2021 he was awarded a writing residency at the Gulkistan Center for Creativity in Laugarvatn, Iceland. He lives in New York and runs the indie publishing company word west.